Saturday, September 24, 2011

Fresh Start

What is better than the smell of bread in the morning?

well we don't have a nearby bakery but I made this wonderful fatayer dough the other day! handed down to me by my lovely aunts who look exactly like um saloom from freej.


I decided it was too pretty to ignore and whipped my camera out


just cover this pretty baby and leave it for 2 hours and prepare the stuffing/filling of your choice!

for me it was spicy minced meat/ mint and cheese/ pizza and of course spinach! what is a batch of fatayer without spinach right?

after that you are free to go call a friend, surf the web make some hot coco entertain your cat whatever you do, do not disturb the dough.

meanwhile, I was craving something sweet and chocolaty; coconut and brownies to be precise!


After I was done with the brownie creation (I'll post a link to the recipe later) I took out the huge oven tray covered it with flour and set the oven to 250 and in no time at all the dough had already doubled in size and was ready to kneed.

*insert choir singing*

presenting



Cheese and Mint infusion so fresh and so tangy! these sesame seeds took forever to scorch, I decided black sesame seeds looked better with this design.


lovely minced meat yes regular and black sesame seeds 



Spinach; oh I tried baking these babies with a new rose shape... didn't turn out so great! but it was yummy none the less
last but not least! PIZZA! I like adding mint leaves to these mini pizzas oh and I used filipino banana ketchup for the sauce


aren't they pretty? 

now! bake on the very top shelf of your oven and keep your eye on them they cook pretty fast I'd say around 10-12 mins!

serve it fresh out of the oven~
and feeha al3afyah
bon apetite
enjoy!

1 comment: